Learn to program in JAVA from our certified Oracle JAVA certified developers in our London office or your private home within 5 days. Become an OCA (Oracle Certified Associate) after completion of this course.
Java course overview
The Java course was designed to enable students with little or no programming experience to begin to learn programming using the Java programming language. The course teaches the significance of object-oriented programming, the keywords and constructs of the Java programming language, and the steps required to create simple Java technology programs. Students taking this course can receive a solid basis in the Java programming language upon which to base continued work and training. The course features the Java Platform, Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7) platform, and uses the Java SE Development Kit 7 (JDK 7) product.
This course enables student to sit for Oracle exam for JAVA SE7 fundamentals exam so as to become an Oracle Certified Associate (exam fees is not inclusive).
Students taking this course will have hands on experience learning basic object oriented concepts such as inheritance, encapsulation, and abstraction. They learn how to create and use simple Java classes containing arrays, loops, and conditional constructs. They also learn to use and manipulate object references, and to write simple error handling code. The course provides a solid understanding of what the Java SE7 platform is and how it is used in real world applications.
- Use various Java programming language constructs to create several Java technology applications
- Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow
- Perform basic error handling for your Java technology programs
- Implement intermediate Java technology programming and object-oriented (OO) concepts in Java technology programs
- Demonstrate knowledge of Java technology and the Java programming language
Who is Java training for?
Students who can benefit from this course:
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Project Manager
- Application Developers
- Portal Developer
- System Administrator
- Web Administrator
Prerequisites for Java course
- Basic computer literacy is required
- Previous experience with any command-line program
- Knowledge of programming concepts
What will I get?
Delegates will learn:
- Develop classes and describe how to declare a class
- Analyze a business problem in order to recognize objects and operations that form the building blocks of the Java program design
- Define the term
- Demonstrate Java programming syntax
- Write a simple Java program that compiles and runs successfully
- Declare and initialize variables
- List several primitive data types
- Instantiate an object and effectively use object reference variables
- Use operators, loops, and decision constructs
- Declare and instantiate Arrays and ArrayLists and be able to iterate through them
- Describe the benefits of using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- List and describe several key features of the Java technology
- Declare a method with arguments and return values
- Use inheritance to declare and define a subclass of an existing superclass
- Describe how errors are handled in a Java program
- Describe examples of how Java is used in applications, as well as consumer products
- Fundamentals of OOP: Encapsulation, Inheritance, Abstraction, and Polymorphism
- Oracle Exam preparation